Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome to Makizy Sews

Hello and welcome to Makizy Sews! One of of my resolutions this year is to start blogging about my sewing and other craft-related projects. I enjoy sewing anything from evening wear to simple flannel pants and everything in between.

My goal with this blog is to share the many projects that I have in progress and on my very large to-do list. Hopefully, committing to regular blog posts will also motivate me to finish more projects and clean up the enormous WIP pile!

Last year, I set a goal for myself to try to sew my wardrobe instead of buying new clothes.  I mostly succeeded and can count the number of new garments I purchased on two hands.  This year, I want to take this challenge even further and construct more everyday wear as well as expanding my evening wear options.

Makizy Sews Renfrew Collection
Here's an example of last year's sewing - my 2012 Renfrew Collection (using Sewaholic's amazing Renfrew Pattern). Modeling these is the lovely Kiko, also know  "ki" in Makizy

.

I'm sure there will be many format changes and blog iterations while I learn and explore this new online medium, but I'm looking forward to the learning process and hope you'll join me for the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment