Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weekly Sewing Goals

I love the website www.sewweekly.com . I find it extremely inspiring to read about other sewers who commit to completing a project per week.  But, no matter how many times I contemplate playing along at home and completing one of the weekly challenges, I just never do. 

Well, not this year!

I'm borrowing their concept to challenge myself, but I need to put my own spin on this.  I need this to be a realistic goal and take into account that there will be some weeks where I just don't have the time, so I'm going to be loose in my challenge criteria. I want to complete one clothing-related project per week. Said project can be sewing a complete garment, completing a knitting project, or even something as minor as mending an article of clothing. I'd like to be able to say that I worked on one crafty/artistic project every week.

So far, so good.  For the first week in January, I made pajamas for my mom out of some very cute cat print flannel.  Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the top, but the pattern was McCall's M4320, View B. The bottoms are McCall's 3019, which I believe are out of print now. (They're very similar and possibly identical 4320, but I've never tested it out.) These are my standard, go to lounge pants pattern and I've made these about a million times now.

Sorry about the grainy pictures.  These were all taken with my cell phone.
I've also added my "signature" label to these. It's definitely not my best work, but I was in a bit of a hurry.

Second week and I've been going strong. My first project was one off my to-do list: "Better Than a Box Pet Bed" from the book One Yard Wonders.

Miss Floozy is modeling her brand new cat bed.  She sat on it before I finished hand sewing the last seam. Consequently, I had to work around her and try not to stab her in the backside with my needle.


I also just discovered the Rosy Ladyshorts pattern from Cloth Habit.  I love, love, LOVE this pattern! I can't say enough good things about it. I've made three pairs so far, with a fourth in progress.  Sorry, no pictures of these to share yet.

Let's see how long I can keep the sewing momentum up!

No comments:

Post a Comment