Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fabric Cutting Craziness

Guess who had a burst of energy this weekend and cut out fabric for three new projects!


I really surprised myself because cutting out pattern pieces is my least favorite part of the sewing process, and I never cut out more than one project at once.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe because the process isn't that exciting, or maybe because it's impossible to layout and cut any fabric in my house without having to navigate around my cat Floozy. She's never met a pattern she didn't want to lay on.


That's right - check out that strategic use of brown paper as a decoy.  I've also tried decoy fabric with varying degrees of success. (And yes, I cut most things out on the floor since it's the largest, clearest surface I have available.)

The dark green fabric in the top image will be my second Burda Gathered Top.  I've taken in a few inches from the neckline, so I'm excited to see how it will turn out.

The tool print fleece is set to become another pair of lounge pants for my husband (McCall's 3019) and the blue snowflake print fleece for a house dress for my grandma (McCall's Easy 2250). Both patterns are no longer in print.

I have a number of much fancier projects in the queue, but wanted to finish up a few quick items first.

No comments:

Post a Comment