Friday, June 28, 2013

Winter in June

Winter is Coming.

Yes, I am aware of the fact that we've had multiple days of warm, humid, rainy weather in Chicago with no sign that it will drastically cool off anytime soon.  What better time to sew up a pair of winter-themed lounge pants!

Blue Flannel Tofino Lounge Pants

I've actually had the fabric cut out for a few months. I had the privilege of being a Tofino pattern tester earlier this year. At the time I had thoughts of making four of five pairs of Tofinos, but that was before I got sidetracked with life and other projects. This week I needed a break from over thinking my Hazel muslin, and this project fit the bill.


Pattern: Tofino by Sewaholic

Fabric: Blue snowflake flannel from Joann Fabrics, purchased piping, and thick blue knit fabric that I had lying around for the belt.

Construction notes: I cut out a size 8 with no additional modifications. They're lounge pants. I don't need to get fancy with them.

I'm absolutely in love with the piping detail. I think it makes the finished pants look so professional.

Tofino Lounge Pants Piping Detail

On a bittersweet note. I used this same fabric earlier this year to make my grandmother a house dress.  Unfortunately she passed away back in February, shortly after I gave her the dress. I happened upon the same fabric on clearance at Joann Fabrics. It brought back a lot of good memories, and made me remember how much she loved the dress, if only for a short time. I wanted to make a little something for myself out of the same fabric in remembrance, even if it was something as simple as lounge pants.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to have a garment that's pretty and practical, and also holds happy memories of your grandmother :-)

    ReplyDelete