Friday, March 8, 2013

A Brief Pause

Life can be very inconsiderate at times. It has the amazingly bad manners to interfere with my sewing and blogging time.  How rude!  As such, I don't have too much to report.

I do have a bit of a teaser for a project that I'm working on:

Mystery Doctor Who Project

Doctor Who and glitter. You can't ask for much more than that.  I hope to be able to sneak in an hour or two of quality sewing time and will post finished pics as soon as I can.

In other news, I received these wonderful patterns in the mail courtesy of the recent sale at Butterick:

Recent Pattern Purchases

So excited to have Gertie's amazing pattern (Butterick B5882) in my grubby little hands!  I love the sample dress and as much as I'd like to replicate it, there's no way I trust myself in white silk.  I'd be devastated after the first wearing because inevitably I'd spill something on it, or sit in a dirty spot, or mess it up in one of a hundred other ways. I'm sure the right fabric will speak to me when the time comes.

The Vogue skirt looks like a nice basic piece with a few interesting details. I should get a lot of use out of this pattern.

The two bag patterns - well, I couldn't bring myself to purchase just one pattern for around $2 and have to spend $8 more on shipping.  It seemed crazy unless I added in a few other patterns to make the purchase worthwhile.  I have a lot of scraps of leather, vinyl and other utility fabric that would be perfect. I'd love to try out making a bag or two.

Well, back to trying to carve out sewing time!

1 comment:

  1. I had that kind of a week too - wah! I'm hoping to make it up today and tomorrow though. Hope you get lots of sewing time in this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete